TIME TO MULCH
A great water saver!
3 Bags for $12.00! What a deal!
Why Use Mulch? (as recommended by Living Earth)
- Mulching conserves water. Evaporation from the soil is lessened because the Mulch layer keeps moisture from escaping.
- Mulch prevents erosion of underlying soil. Finer textured, shredded Mulch binds together and stays in place through even severe rain events.
- Mulch moderates soil temperature by insulating the planting area. Because Mulch stays moist longer, the soil generally stays cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter.
- Mulch provides a weed barrier. The coarse nature of Mulch prevents weed seed from coming up.
Decomposition of Mulch adds beneficial organic matter to the planting bed. Microbes flourish in rich, organic soil, which promotes healthy plants.
- Mulch adds a beautiful, “finished” look to planting beds.